See you back in 2024!
We'll be back with some amazing Black Friday deals. Stay tuned.
The Ultimate Guide to Self-Publishing a Children's Book
$97 on sale for only $37
Start your journey to becoming a published children's book author with this all-inclusive 62-page PDF guide. Get a detailed step-by-step plan to self-publish your book on Amazon and other leading retailers, and master effective marketing strategies to skyrocket your sales. With this comprehensive guide, you'll be equipped to successfully self-publish your children's book in just 6 months, transforming your dream into a reality.
- The writing and editing process
- Working with an illustrator
- Determining your target audience
- Wholesale discounts
- ISBNs and barcodes
- Copyrighting your book and obtaining an LCCN
- Writing your author bio and book description
- Creating your author press kit
- Publishing on a print on demand platform
- Tailoring your marketing efforts to maximize profits
- Sample Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Sample Illustrator Engagement Agreement
- Verbiage for outreach to libraries, bookstores, and media outlets
Children's Book Publishing Academy: Online Course
$697 on sale for only $297
The step-by-step online course that walks you through how to create, publish, and market your children's book through my P.U.B.L.I.S.H. framework so you can make an impact, create passive income, and make your dream of becoming an author come true.
This comprehensive course includes the following:
- 50+ bite-sized step-by-step video lessons walking you through how to write, publish, and market your children's book following Kjersten's P.U.B.L.I.S.H. framework.
- A Canva Template Library with over 100+ templates for you to use on social media, your author press kit, and more.
- Sample agreements to use when partnering with illustrators and editors.
- The Complete Self-Publishing Checklist.
- The 62-page Ultimate Guide to Self-Publishing a Children's Book.
- Marketing Plan Workbook.
- Plug-and-play email templates for outreach to bookstores, libraries, media outlets, and more.
- Costly mistakes to avoid and tips to save money during the publishing process.
NOTE: This offer does not include coaching support. If you also want coaching support, check out our Author's Lounge deal!DEAL EXPIRED
Author's Lounge Annual Membership
$228 on sale for only $97
As a member of the Author's Lounge, you will have personalized coaching support and access to a wealth of resources that will help you improve your writing, connect with other authors, and get your work published and in the hands of little ones around the world!
These resources include:
- A private online community group where you can ask Kjersten questions once a week during “Office Hours” each Wednesday, get feedback from other members, and connect with other like-minded authors
- Monthly group coaching/Q&A calls on the second Tuesday of each month at 1 pm CST
- Access to entire Canva Template Library with new templates being added frequently
- Access to Social Media Content Calendar
In addition to these resources, Author's Lounge members also receive a number of other benefits, including:
- 40% off of all courses, guides, and resources (cannot be combined with other offers)
- 20% off of all 1-on-1 coaching calls with Kjersten
- Exclusive content and industry updates
Marketing Plan Workbook + Content Planner
$47 on sale for only $17
You've poured your heart and soul into your children's book, and now it's time to share your creation with the world. But how do you ensure that your book reaches its intended audience and achieves the success it deserves? That's where our comprehensive Marketing Plan Workbook comes in.
This workbook provides over 50 actionable marketing strategies, organized around four key pillars: social, local, credibility, and collaboration. With this workbook as your compass, you'll be able to craft a tailored marketing plan that perfectly aligns with your children's book and target audience.
As a bonus, you'll also get access to our Social Media Content Planner to map out your social media strategy where you'll find hashtag inspiration, optimal posting times, and ready-to-use post ideas and verbiage.
The Social Media Content Planner is the ultimate complement to our Marketing Plan Workbook, providing you with the complete arsenal of tools to transform your social media presence into a marketing powerhouse.DEAL EXPIRED
BOGO: Two 1-Hour Coaching Sessions for the Price of One
$250 on sale for only $125
In our coaching/strategy calls, we will address any challenges, answer questions about the self-publishing process, and map out your unique action plan. I'm dedicated to partnering with you and excited to witness your success!
What's included in these coaching calls?
- Feedback/suggestions on your book idea
- Determining your target market and target audience
- Your short and long-term goals with self-publishing
- Publishing options and distribution channels for your book
- Questions you have about the self-publishing process and discussing where you are stuck
- Specific marketing strategies based on your unique book
- Planning out a book launch strategy
- Valuable advice on the self-publishing process and providing guidance to help you avoid costly mistakes
- Your next actionable steps so you can be one step closer to self-publishing your book!
My favorite author tools & products
Black Friday Deals!
Below are affiliate links for products and tools I have used first-hand and love! If you purchase a product with one of the links below, I may receive a small commission in return for bringing you some of the best Black Friday deals for authors right now!
Publisher Rocket Lifetime Access + Keywords and Categories Course
When: NOW through November 29
$146 on sale for only $97
Want to sell more books and ebooks on Amazon? Publisher Rocket is offering lifetime access to their platform for just $97 with a free bonus: their "Mastering Keywords and Categories" course ($49 value.)
Publisher Rocket helps authors with the following:
- Keyword research: Publisher Rocket can help you find the keywords that your target audience is searching for on Amazon so you can optimize your book's title, subtitle, and description.
- Competitor analysis: Publisher Rocket can help you analyze your competitors' books to see what is working well and what is not.
- Category selection: Publisher Rocket can help you choose the best categories for your book to reach a wider audience, increase your book's sales, and even rank higher on Amazon.
- Amazon Ads: Publisher Rocket can help you create and manage your Amazon Ads campaigns so you can reach a wider audience and increase your book's sales.
Publisher Rocket is a valuable tool that can help you save time, make more money, rank higher on Amazon, and get more reviews.GRAB IT NOW THROUGH NOVEMBER 29
Canva Pro 30 Days Free
When: Available now!
$0 for 30 days
What is one tool that all authors need?
Canva. Canva is a powerful graphic design tool that can be used to create a variety of materials for children's book authors, including the following:
Social Media Graphics:
Canva makes it easy to create eye-catching graphics for social media that are sure to stop people scrolling. You can use Canva's library of photos, illustrations, and fonts to create graphics that are unique to your brand. There are a ton of pre-made templates, too!
Author Press Kits:
Author press kits are essential for any author who wants to get their book into the hands of reviewers and media outlets. Canva makes it easy to create professional-looking press kits that include your author bio, book description, photos, and media contact information.
Book mockups are a great way to make it look like you have taken professional photos of your book. Canva has a variety of book mockup templates that you can use to market your book!
Canva is currently offering 30-days of Canva Pro for free so you have access to every single graphic, font, and template in their platform!GRAB IT NOW
Blue Yeti Microphone
When: Available now!
$99.99 on sale for only $84.99
As an author, recording compelling content is just part of the role. High-quality audio is essential to captivate your audience and expand your reach. Whether you're being interviewed on a podcast, engaging with fans on social media, or narrating a reading of your book for YouTube, investing in top-tier recording equipment is sure to elevate your videos.
This Yeti microphone is my favorite because it produces clear, crisp audio and is easy to use. It plugs directly into your computer via USB, and no special software or drivers are needed. If you're looking for a way to improve your audio quality and take your author brand to the next level, I highly recommend checking out the Yeti microphone.GRAB IT NOW
Logitech C960 1080P Webcam
When: Available now!
$49.99 on sale for only $27.29
In today's digital world, authors need to be able to connect with their readers in a variety of ways. One way to do this is through video. Whether you're doing a live reading, podcast, news interview, or hosting a Q&A session, a high-quality webcam is essential for making a good impression.
The Logitech C960 is a great and affordable webcam for authors because it captures clear, crisp video in 1080p resolution at 30 frames per second. It also has a wide field of view that can capture up to two people in the frame, making it perfect for group interviews or readings. Grab this deal now while it's available!GRAB IT NOW
What our clients have said:
"Purchasing Kjersten’s program has been one of the best investments I have made during my self publishing journey!
The modules provide so much valuable information and are very easy to follow. Kjersten is always available to answer questions and truly wants her clients to succeed! I encourage anyone interested in publishing a book to work with Kjersten. You won’t regret it!"
____ Brooke Dean
Amazon bestselling author of Parker’s Markers
"Thank you for taking such a personal approach to helping us! This has been an experience like none other"
- Julie V., Children's Book Publishing Academy student
"The [Children’s Book Publishing] Academy has been completely essential to me creating and publishing my books.
Any detail you can think of for publishing your children’s book, KJ covers it. Then she covers the hundreds more you have never thought of! The support was great as well. She was always happy to help out on every question I threw at her and she continues to work to make the class better! I have been recommending this to everyone I talk to about self publishing!"
____ Ken Waldecker
Author of award-winning children's book, Princess Ella and the Great Squirrel Chase
"I wish I would have joined sooner. I've learned more in the few hours I've spent in this course already than I have in the last several months trying to figure out how to publish on my own. Best money I've spent."
- Anna Norgaard, Children's Book Publishing Academy student
"I cannot express enough how grateful I am to Kjersten for creating this amazing course.
As someone who always had ideas for books but felt overwhelmed by the writing process, I felt stuck when it came to publishing. Thanks to the clear and outlined steps in this course, I feel like I finally have a solid path to follow and can focus more on what I love: writing! Throughout the course, Kjersten has been exceptional in keeping us updated on changes to various platforms and industry expectations that impact self-publishing, while providing valuable coaching and support at every stage of the publishing process. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to turn their book ideas into a reality!"
____ Alishea Jurado
Author of Growing Our Hearts: New Baby, New Groove
"Kjersten has been an amazing resource in my research on book publishing. She provided a clear and thorough step-by-step to-do list which made the seemingly overwhelming process seem possible, and she has been available and encouraging all along the way. I can highly recommend her services and support!"
- Anna Keville Joyce
"Kjersten provided me incredible insight to get started as a first time author.
She covered everything from how to negotiate royalties, to where to find barcodes, to how to build a marketing plan. If I had needed to research it all on my own it would have taken months. I was able to successfully publish my book on time and sell thousands of copies. I cannot recommend working with Kjersten enough!"
____ AK Ratti
Author of award-winning children’s book, My Travel Alphabet
"We did it! It was Kjersten's guidance, insight, resources, and encouragement that made the very complicated maze of self publishing seem (almost) easy.
So much time was saved, and so many roadblocks were averted through her knowledge and very clear roadmap. Kjersten is the sherpa of self-publishing, don't try to scale this mountain without her."
____ Punch Robinson
Creator of kneebouncers.com and author of the Who Says Moo? series
"Based in London, I just self-published my first book and it all happened so smoothly and quickly thanks to Kjersten.
She's been here from the beginning until now to help and advise me on anything I need to know about self-publishing. She is very professional, flexible and personable which gave me lots of confidence and motivation. I can highly recommend her services!"